[access-uk] Re: a little problem with external hard drive.

  • From: Kevin Cussick <the.big.white.shepherd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 22:20:17 +0100

Hi, I use the same usb port and will try another one. thanks as for the rest all OK but might be the usb port thanks.

On 15/10/2013 16:20, Hussein Patwa wrote:
Hi there,

A couple of things to check:
1. Do you use the same USB port each time you connect the drive to the
computer?
2. Do you have issues with any other devices plugged into that port?
3.  Do you experience the same issue with the drive connected to another
computer?

Just a few simple diagnostic checks before we go further.  It may be that
the USB port is faulty, which the above would certify.  I had this issue on
a machine given to me a while back, and it turned out the port had been
damaged with pins bent on themotherboard, possibly from excessive force used
when connecting or disconnecting devices, or adverse pressure from a cable.

Hope this helps.

Hussein.