[access-uk] Re: Zoomtext Fusion

  • From: tony scanlon <turrots@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 13:21:47 +0100

Hi Tony
This is the AI Squared Win10 message I received.

ZoomText and Window-Eyes on Windows 10
Questions and Answers

Microsoft has announced that they will ship their new Windows 10
operating system on July 29th. We have put together some key
information to help you plan for the release.

Will ZoomText and Window-Eyes support Windows 10?
Yes. ZoomText and Window-Eyes will support Windows 10.

When will ZoomText and Window-Eyes work with Windows 10?
As soon as possible after Windows 10 is released on July 29th. We’ve
been testing ZoomText and Window-Eyes against the Microsoft developer
releases for months and continue to pay attention to the folks in
Redmond, Washington, USA. Our developers are happy with their progress
thus far.

What Ai Squared products already support Windows 10?

ImageReader 1.x
ZoomText Keyboard

Will there be a cost for Windows 10 support?
Some users will have to purchase an upgrade and others will get
Windows 10 support for free. To help you understand the different
scenarios, we have created two separate tables so that you can figure
out which scenario applies to you. The first table is for ZoomText
users and the second table applies to Window-Eyes users.

ZOOMTEXT SCENARIOS

Number

Scenario

Price

1

I purchased ZoomText 10.1 after 5/31/15

ZoomText for Windows 10 is free!

2

I received ZoomText 10.1 before 6/1/15, I have an ESP or SMA* that is
not expired

ZoomText for Windows 10 is free!

3

I purchased ZoomText 10.1 before 6/1/15, I do not have an ESP or SMA

Purchase normally priced ESP or SMA* and ZoomText for Windows 10 is free!

4

I purchased ZoomText 10.1 before 6/1/15, I do not have an ESP or SMA,
I do not wish to purchase an ESP or SMA

Purchase ZoomText for Windows 10 (domestic or international) for $49.00!

5

I own a ZoomText 10.0 or earlier

Purchase a normally priced upgrade and ZoomText for Windows 10 is included!

Note: in scenarios 2 and 3, a user does not need to use an ESP or SMA
count to get Windows 10 compatibility.

WINDOW-EYES SCENARIOS

Number

Scenario

Price

1

I purchased a new copy of Window-Eyes 9.1 after 5/31/15

The Window-Eyes 9.2 download is free!

2

I received Window-Eyes 9.1 before 6/1/15, I have an SMA* that is not expired

The Window-Eyes 9.2 download is free!

3

I purchased Window-Eyes 9.1 before 6/1/15, I do not have an SMA

Purchase normally priced SMA* and the Window-Eyes 9.2 download is free!

4

I purchased Window-Eyes 9.1 before 6/1/15, I do not have an SMA, I do
not wish to purchase an SMA

Purchase downloadable upgrade to Window-Eyes 9.2 for $49.00!

*Note: in scenarios 2 and 3, a user does not need to use an SMA count
to get Windows 10 compatibility.

When can I order?
The upgrade to Windows 10 is not currently available for purchase. We
will continue to update you on our progress and notify you when the
upgrade is ready.

Thank you!
The Ai Squared Team

On 16 July 2015 at 13:01, TONY CRETNEY <rac@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was led to believe that the latest version of Zoom Text would run on
Windows 8.1 However it certainly won't do so on my new dell computer. I am
waiting to see if it will run on Windows 10 after that comes out on the 29th
of this month. Sight And Sound say that the update to do this is coming out
the same day or shortly afterwards in their latest newsletter which came out
a few days ago. If not I will just consider getting rid of the laptop as it
isn't a lot of use to me as it is at the moment. There are other problems
with it too, so I have the feeling that I must just have got hold of a rogue
machine somehow. It doesn't seem to always connect properly to the Internet
though the little icon with the white bars on to show that it is connected is
clearly there in the Systems tray.. will see what happens when Windows 10
downloads on 29th July. Fortunately I have two other machines but bought this
one because I am involved in O./U. Study and need to be sure that I am covered
in case of a breakdown of one of the computers I have. This will be my last
year for my degree and I don't want anything to go wrong at this stage of my
studies.
Tony