[access-uk] Re: Your thoughts on the Seika Mini braille display

  • From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 16:19:57 +0100

Yep the scrolling speed was something I'd forgotten but was truly woeful.  And
I wouldn't say I'm a particularly fast Braille reader.

Ian Macrae
Editor
Disability Now
www.disabilitynow.org.uk<http://www.disabilitynow.org.uk/>
follow us @disabilitynow<https://twitter.com/DisabilityNow> -
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Disability-Now/448258551882688> and
sign up to our eNewsletter
here<http://www.disabilitynow.org.uk/newsletter-subscription>
Disability Now, 6-10 Market Road, London, N7 9PW

On 9 Jun 2014, at 16:16, Whizza wrote:

Hi Petrina,
I'm afraid my experiences with this braille display were the same as Ian's.
As a braille display it wasn't bad but one of the reasons I bought it was as
a reader so I could read text files.  The instructions said the size of
files to transfer was unlimited but when I put a book on there, the only
thing that came up was file too large.  The reading speed was far too slow
and I couldn't seem to get it to scroll any faster.  I sent it back to the
RNIB.  Depending on what you want to use it for, I'd think very carefully
before investing your 900 quid!

Cheers,
Sandra.

** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>