[access-uk] Re: Yahoo list problem

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:21:02 -0000

Hi All
Well  about the issue  regarding mail not  always getting through.
I put the  following to BT  on one of thier internet news groups.

"The problem is that I am finding that people do not always receive
 email I send.
 I am well aware this can and  does happen sometimes, but it's
 happening far too often now.
And here is the reply from BT

"You will need your recipient to check several things. Their spam filter (if
they, or their ISP employ one) may move suspect bulk mail to a separate
folder.  There may be a fault with your recipients mail server, that results
in the mail not arriving.

In essence, if you do not get a "bounce" message from our mail server, then
it has been delivered correctly by our system and the fault will lie outside
of it. It is those places that you need to check."
So is BT  correct, that  if mail fails to arrive  it's not the fault of
the sender's  ISP.

Regards,
Derek

e-mail: derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx