[access-uk] Yahoo list problem

  • From: "Douglas Harrison" <harrisondf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:32:45 -0000

Apologies if this is somewhat off topic, but it is a problem which I
understand to be affecting many subscribers to Yahoo groups in
addition to myself.

It appears that several ISPs are using the Black House list in their
spam filters and that it tends to bounce Yahoo mail with the result
that the account has to be re-activated at regular intervals.  This
means that one misses some of the list messages and participation
becomes very difficult.

I already changed ISPs once during the last twelve months to get
away from the problem, but my current ISP (Ukonline) is now
using the Black House list as are several others.   They give me
the choice of turning off spam filtering completely (which I am
reluctant to do) or living with the bouncing of Yahoo mail.

I was originally going to ask for details of ISPs free from this
?pest?, but it occurs to me that if I move yet again there is nothing
to say that the new ISP will not go the same way in due course.

I have been wondering whether I could use my free @yahoo.co.uk
address for all my Yahoo lists whilst retaining the same ISP.
However I have a suspicion that only Yahoo Mail Plus (the paid
for version) allows POP access.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I thought that I might get the answer from Yahoo Customer
Support in the uK, but the phone number I have seems to be
incorrect.   If anyone has the up to date one I would appreciate
having it.

           Many thanks,

Douglas

--