[access-uk] Yahoo groups v google groups questions

  • From: Catherine Turner <catherineturner2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Access-UK <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 12:46:18 +0000

Hello,

I am shortly to be setting up and moderating either a google group or
yahoo group.  I use JAWS and am wondering whether there are any
difficulties in moderating a google group?  I already moderate a yahoo
group so am more familiar with it but haven't moderated a google group
before.  Has anyone got any info that might help me?

Also I don't know whether I'm missing something but it seems to me
that google groups has less features than yahoo groups.  When I view a
group which I'm a member of there only seems to be messages there,
whereas in yahoo groups there are spaces for files, polls, photos etc.
 I'm sure I must be missing something but not sure whether due to my
incompetence or an accessibility issue.  Can anyone shed light?

Catherine