[access-uk] Yahoo e-mail account

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 13:57:57 -0000

Many years ago I set up a free yahoo.co.uk pop3 address   mainly because I was
having
trouble with bouncing messages from Yahoogroups with my normal e-mail account.
 i no
longer use the yahoo.co.uk address but occasionally have a look at what is
there and delete
the messages - mainly spam.   However when I have done this recently I am
finding
messages with very unpleasant subject lines apparently sent from my Yahoo
address as well
as the normal spam  Presumably similar messages may be going to other
destinations..

I decided to try to close the yahoo address, but whilst you seem to be able to
do almost
anything by logging in to http://mail.yahoo.com, closing the account is not one
of them.

So I went to http://help.yhhoo.co.uk (they don't offer telephone support for
free accounts),
completed a form explaining my concerns and the action I wished to take - but.
I could not
send it in without using one of these stupid Captchas.
I have considered using Firefox, signing up for the Web Vissum etc. to get
round the
problem, but even that would be difficult.  Hal 9 does not support Firefox so
that I would have
to use something like SAtogo I suppose. but before I go down that road, I
wonder whether
anyone can suggest a simpler solution.  t    --

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison