[access-uk] Re: Yahoo e-mail account

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 18:17:13 +0000

They're not using your account to do this by guessing your password or anything like that. With the right software you can make an E-mail look like it has come from any address you wish.

At 18:08 26/11/2008, you wrote:
Many thanks for this, Andrew - very helpful indeed. At first reading though I have one concern. I subscribe to a number of yahoo groups and occasionally find it useful to go to http://groups.yahoo.co.uk to make changes. If I carried out the process described I would no longer be able to use my Yahoo ID and password to edit the groups, but could presumably then create a new ID and associate it with the groups etc. Rather a nuisance but if it is the only way of getting rid of the spam apparently being sent from my yahoo address then it may
be necessary.

the problem may have been there for a long time but it only became apparent when the
spammer sent one or two of the messages to myself!

Thanks again for the information.

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison