[access-uk] Re: Xp and Log-On

  • From: "Mark Matthews" <mark.matthews53@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:58:09 +0100

Darran,

If you're being prompted to select a user on startup, this to me =
suggests
there is more than one account created on your system. If its an OEM
version, its possible an account exists with this name or something =
similar.
Go to the 'User accounts applet, Tab to the list of accounts available ( =
you
may have to use all four arrow keys to here the full list). If an =
account
other than yourself is there, hit space once its highlighted, and =
navigate
to delete.

This is assuming your account is not password-protected? If so you'll =
always
be prompted for it when you log in, which kind of makes sense. Smile.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Matthews
E-mail: mark.matthews53@xxxxxxxxxxxx