[access-uk] XP home and Pro Need to know

  • From: "Peter Logue" <peterlogue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 12:25:43 -0400

Hi guys. I'm having a laptop shipped to me today. Thing is, I'm told it
comes with XP Pro. But I don't have Jaws Pro. The store can load XP Home and
give me the appropriate XP Home disks. The problem might be that some media
drivers might not work. Now, what to do? Should I pay the extra for Jaws
Pro, or take a chance on loading XP home and risk the loss of some media
drivers. This Toshiba laptop comes with a TV tuner, even has a remote
control, so I can plug in the cable and watch TV. This option and others may
not work if XP home is loaded. Any suggestions?

Peter