[access-uk] XP SP2

  • From: "roger.south" <roger.south@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 10:51:07 -0000

I have done a clean re-install of XP Home and a couple of days ago my Windows
Updates notified me of SP2. I allowed it to update and now my start up is so
slow and lengthy I can almost go and made a cup of tea whilst waiting for it.
This used to happened before the install but I put it down to the volume on the
machine but before this installation of SP2 the start up was the fastest it's
ever been but now it's painful.

Is it a symptom of the update or is there something I can do? In fact do I
really need SP2?

Many thanks

Roger