[access-uk] Re: XP Repair

  • From: "Mark Matthews" <mark.matthews53@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:41:36 -0000

Hi Roger. Perhaps the following from the MS KB will help:

******Begin Extract*****
1.
Start your computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM. To do this, insert the
Windows XP CD-ROM into your CD drive or DVD drive, and then restart your
computer.
2.
When you see the "Press any key to boot from CD" message, press any key to
start the computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM.
3.
At the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to start Windows XP Setup.
4.
Read the End-User License Agreement, and then press F8.
5.
Follow the instructions on the screen to select and format a partition where
you want to install Windows XP.
6.
Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Windows XP Setup.
******End Extract*****

Note, However, that if setup detects an existing copy of XP installed (which
in this case it will), At Step 5 you should be prompted to do a repair.

As I don't think your Sound Card drivers would have been loaded into memory
throughout this procedure, you won't even be able to use Narrator, and will
therefore need sited help. HTH.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Matthews