[access-uk] X Fi SoundblasterPlatinum

  • From: "Andy" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 00:33:55 +0100

Hi all.

I've just purchased a new external sound card to take over from my old Soundblaster 24 bit external card. It's the x fi Soundblaster Platinum. I got it from PC World for £150. I thought that it was like the old card in the sense that you simply plugged it into the USB port and off you went. However, I was wrong. Apparently this device comes in three parts. The Card, the Remote Control and a third device which wires into your computer's motherboard. Has anyone any experience in this card? Any access problems or installation hints or advice would be very welcomed.

Incidentally, I got the Platinum as it has both Optic in and out's, so it can plug directly into my Arcam AV unit. I wish to both play and record from my computer and my home cinema system, but I'm thinking that perhaps this card will prove problematic.

So any information or advice would be very welcomed.

very best wishes.
Andy.