[access-uk] Re: Worldwide Internet Radio

  • From: "Peter" <peterlogue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:20:30 +0100

Hi Dave,
I use V Tuner from the internet. Just find a station, click play and off you
go. I have very seldom found a V Tuner link that did not work. I have an
idea that the V tuner developers rely on very special software to
automatically surf radio station websites and grab the latest audible feed
link. One of the reasons why I gave up Sightconnections radio. I couldn't
keep up with that. Having that said, I believe there is still a niche for
internet radio and one of the reasons is  because television radio is almost
impossible to access. Perhaps in the future, when television listings are
readable by the blind, and of course, when  the television service providers
carry worldwide radio on a scale as is seen on some internet sites, then
perhaps you won't need a computer to listen to soapy jazz   From Orange
County California.  I myself frequently tune in to hear the Blue Jays
baseball games from Toronto. As yet I can't get that on my telly.

Peter

Peter

From beautiful Dumbarton on the river Clyde.

MSN:peter_paul_logue@xxxxxxxxxxx