[access-uk] Word Play

  • From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-Uk@Freelists. Org" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 17:23:19 +0100

Has anyone heard of the Word Play collection?  This is a new idea by the
publisher MacMillan.  Word Play is a series of audio books.  They are sold
as a pre-loaded package with three books usually by the same author in each
pack.  I am not sure whether the books are on cd, as the publicity I have
seen was not clear on this.  Each set of three books are recommended at
£24.99 but amazon are currently advertising them for £10.99.  I do not know
whether the books are abridged, but I rather suspect that they are.  As far
as I am aware, you listen to the books using headphones.

Some of the authors represented in the initial launch are Agatha Christie,
Peter Robinson, Minette Waters, and Sue  Townsend.

The books are to be made available in high street shops, and the players run
on one single tripple a battery.

Sorry this information is a little sketchy, but the idea might be an
interesting one, particularly if the books are recorded in full.

David