[access-uk] Wireless headphones

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:15:35 +0000

Hi all,
From a blind person's point of view, can someone thoroughly explain to
me how wireless headphones work? I know they work by either RF or IR,
but like to know How does the transmitter work, including whether they
work on batteries or plugged in? Also, are they suitable to use for
visually impaired people, and possibly people with some manual dexterity
issues? Someone called Christine W is going to research some wireless
headphones she's got, which I've took great interest in, since obviously
there's no cables to tread on, but the other reason being is that I have
moderate hearing loss and apparently they're suitable for people with
that degree of deafness.
Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Christopher Hallsworth
Skype name chrishallsworth7266