[access-uk] Re: Wireless connection?

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 09:15:59 +0100

There should be a connection to your wireless network in the "network
connections" you need to make sure the SSID and the encryption keys match up
in their by going to it's properties.  If you have other PCs going with
either 64bit or 128bit encrytion you should have the keys and SSID to put
onto the new laptop.

Also on some laptops there may be a key or switch that globally turns off
the wireless built into the laptop to save power, make sure the wireless if
definitely running.

Also if you restrict access to the network by MAC address try turning that
bit off in the router to see if you can get connection, then you can go
obtain MAC address for the new
laptop.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn