[access-uk] Re: Wireless Printers

  • From: "David W Wood" <g3yxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 21:59:57 -0000

Christopher:

I would always go for a Laser printer.
Although the inkjets are cheaper to buy, the cost of replacement cartridges
and level of maintenance is higher.
Also, as a totally blind user, it is not always to determine when an inkjet
is running ou, whereas it is possible to feel the deposit from a laser
printer on the printed page.

I use the HPLJ 1022NW.  it is now quite old (about 2 years) and continues to
work well.

At work, we have an HPLJ-1100 - I hear much sucking of teeth - which is
still functioning well and is 11 years old - not a wireless one, but shows
the reliability of the laser ones.
In the mean time, at work and home, we have got through 5 inkjet printers of
varying kinds, all of them have been jettisoned.  None have seen the same
use as their laser compatriots!

I have taken the decision that if I need a document printed in colour that I
get it done at a local shop for a small charge.

HTH

David