[access-uk] Windows sound effects

  • From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 18:40:33 -0000

Hi all,

For some reason my computer has stopped making a sound when I press enter on a link in web pages or folders in My Computer. Does anyone know why this might be; what the event is called so I can assign a sound to it; or is there a quick way to restore defaults for sound effects for Windows events?

Also while in Control Panel looking for the settings to change this, I found something called Sound Effects Manager which I initially thought would be the place I needed to go. When I opened that JAWS just said "S B" and it doesn't seem to be too accessible; I read the whole screen and heard something about karaoke, equaliser; and at the top it says Sound Effect Speaker Configuration 3d Audio Demo. Does anyone know what this is? Is it something to do with whatever sound I've got installed on my computer or is it a standard Windows thing? I don't even know what sound I have got installed...

Catherine