[access-uk] Windows mobile and windows 8.1

  • From: "Alistair" <alistair.kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 21:51:07 -0000

Hi folks, if these have been posted before then just hit the delete key. My
overwhelming preference in mobile phones is Apple flavoured, I have tried
Android but just can’t come to grips with it and when I do some dev or other
breaks the damn thing or some of the apps don’t work. The cost of these devices
can be exhorbitant and yes I know there are cheaper smart phones out there.
Now I’m not for a moment suggesting that windows mobile using Narrator  can
currently replace either Apple or Android for those needing a screen reader on
their phone,  however, here are 3 sequential podcasts which do hint at a
possible alternitive in the future especially as many of us are readily
familiar with the windows 8.1 os, it may be that when windows 10 comes along it
may function much better on windows phones than it currently does on 8.1.

Here are a series of 3 podcasts on windows phone.  Hope it helps, please note,
these were harvested from another list which has my thanks!

http://traffic.libsyn.com/coolblindtech/CBT_-_083_-_Hands_On_With_The_phone_we_all_have_been_waiting_for_.mp3

http://traffic.libsyn.com/coolblindtech/CBT_-_093_-_Windows_Phone_8.1_-_Part_2_-_Staying_Connected.mp3

http://traffic.libsyn.com/coolblindtech/CBT_-_098_-_Windows_Phone8.1_Part_III-_Music_Netflix_and_Tweetium.mp3