[access-uk] Re: Windows mail query

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 18:35:31 +0100 (BST)

Hi Jim,

I think this may be the problem you're having:

When Windows Explorer is displaying the Contacts folder, if the Preview pane is
shown, then there's a bug in Jaws which causes Windows Explorer to hang/freeze
when you move through the contacts in the Folder view. There are two ways of
hiding the preview pane. The first is to hide the preview pane and the details
pane for all folders:
        1. Choose Folder Options on the Tools menu.
        2. The Folder Options dialog opens on the General page, and first
control is a
Tasks group of radio buttons. Select the Use Windows classic folders radio
button, and then press Enter to press the default OK button.
This was taken from a Jaws guide to windows mail on vista:
http://bit.ly/9b1QZX

David.