[access-uk] Re: Windows Media Center JAWS or WindoEyes

  • From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:40:25 -0000

I'd switch to Window Eyes because I believe it would be more benificial in
the long term.

It is certainly an adjustment and I'm grappling with it myself but I think
it's more value for money and the support is second to none.  GW's
involvement with their customer base and contacts with vendors is second to
none and the screenreaders stability is second to none.

I'll not kid you Andy it would be a big switch but one I truly believe worth
making.

On the media centre front replacing XP Home.  Any new machines bought after
30 January will for the most part come with Vista or Media Centre.  Vista's
a given, because it's new and being pushed.  Media Centre because the PC's
being more and more used for digital content consumption.

Watching DVD's, TV, listening to music, recording off the TV, digital photos
etc.

Dj Paddy
Ôà