[access-uk] Re: Windows Live Messenger

  • From: "Mandy" <mandy.MJC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 21:51:11 +0100

Hi Catherine.

I always use Windows live messenger - certainly there are things you can't use
but you can send a nudge to someone provided they are using live messenger too:
 it is a sound:  you can set up live messenger so that messages someone sends
to you when you've not got the computer turned on or at least not got messenger
running show up as soon as you  sign in which I certainly find useful:  I think
possibly the sending folder is better where you open a folder in the contact
window and can copy things in and they go to your contact particularly useful
for music, long articles etc.

I think you need Jaws 7 upwards to use live messenger.

Mandy.