[access-uk] Re: Windows Firewall On A Network

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:55:32 -0000

Hi,

Yes, the Windows XP SP2 firewall will block all incoming TCP connections
by default, and so the W98 PC will not be seen from the Internet.  This
is a common NAT arangement, and is basicly how a router works as regards
firewalling.  Where you may get issues is if you have apps connecting to
remote hosts from the W98 PC - there would be no protection for this.

Andrew.