[access-uk] Windows 7 help please!

  • From: "Andrew Roberts" <a.t_roberts02@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 22:48:23 -0000

I am currently running Windows 7 Home Premium and JAWS version 11.0.756.

I regularly copy my RNIB DAISY books to an SD memory card for loading onto
my Victor Reader Stream or my BookSense.  When I was running Windows XP I
had no problem with this at all but since moving to Windows 7 I have
encountered a slight problem as follows:-

All of the files display in Windows Explorer in a vertical list as I have
the details view checked.  However there would appear to be two groups of
items.  The first is headed "files currently on the disk" which JAWS tells
me is expanded and this list contains all of the files that make up part of
the DAISY book.  After the last file, the second group starts which is
headed "files ready to be written to the disk" which again JAWS tells me is
expanded.  This list only contains one file which is desktop.ini and this is
the same whatever CD I put in the drive.  If I try to select all of the
files with control A and then copy and paste them I get the following error
message:-

Item Not Found graphic 798

Could not find this itemgraphic 546  This is no longer located in
C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Microsoft\

Windows\Burn\Burn. Verify the item's location and try again.

1.mp3

Item type: MPEG Layer 3 Audio

Size: 505 KB

Try Again Skip Cancel

graphic 792  Do this for all current items (2431 found)

The only way I have found to copy the files is to copy and paste each file
individually and there's no way I'm doing that for a large DAISY book.  Does
anyone please have any suggestions as to how I can overcome this?

Many thanks in anticipation,

Andrew