[access-uk] Re: Windows 7 - Forewarning

  • From: Gordon Keen <gordonkeen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 13:59:13 +0100

Sounds about what we thought, I'll let you know how it goes.
I will also be upgrading to snow leopard when it's released - so an eventful year.

Cheers

From glorious Devon, England.

On 12 Aug 2009, at 13:12, Tristram Llewellyn wrote:

I think there is a reasonable chance it may go but it can depends on the Macbook model as the hardware changes somewhat between different models in different years, people have happily done VISTA but I would look for
the updated tools on the Apple site before commencing work.  I don't
presently have a Macbook and have been running Windows XP in VM Fusion
with relative success on an iMac.  This coming months will see a
complete reformat of the Mac and I will attempt to Boot Camp Windows 7.0
or through some an analogous process get it running as a dual boot on
the Mac, if that was not enough I will be updating to Snow Leopard at
least on my general partition of not the music studio partition.
Trouble is I need a minimum of hree separate partitions (and prefer
more) and that makes things complicated from the Boot Camp point of if
it is more than one so up until now I have not used it despite my
continueing need for Windows away from work.