[access-uk] Windows 10 upgrade suggestions requested

  • From: "John Wilson" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "j.wilson07" for DMARC)
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 10:14:27 +0100

Hello All,

Since Saturday, I have attempted twice over many hours to upgrade my Windows 8 PC to Win10. The same thing has happened each time. The Download Assistant runs and takes about an hour and 10 minutes to download. It then tells me it is installing and I get a percentage count to 100% wich takes less than 1 minute. It then commences a second percentage count and moves quite quickly to the 70% point and then starts to crawl. It then takes about 3 hours to reach the 99% point and never moves from this point. I waited over 5 hours at this stage twice but nothing else happens.

I have heard of the Windows 10 Creation Tool but can find no trace of it being offered on the Microsoft page which offers the usual Download Assistant.

Can anyone advise as to where this WMT is to be found and ifit is the correct way to proceed in these circumstances?

Thanks.
John.
** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq