[access-uk] Re: Windows 10 and JAWS, was Windows 10 and email clients

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "carol.pearson29" for DMARC)
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 17:19:11 +0100

Do you also have problems in using the Jaws or Invisible cursors, as I do, in that they won't usually read anything (eg, if I'm checking so I can double click directly on a button that's not working properly).

I realise that it may be a video/colour issue but (not being sure) I just leave well alone and do my best to work around it.

Carol P

On 23/06/2016 11:55, Amro Bilal wrote:

Hi Jackie,

Are you talking JAWS? I've just upgraded and I'm finding JAWS not to be all that great with Windows 10. In addition to Edge, the mail client and the Windows Store being not accessible at all, I find JAWS to struggle with many other areas. For example, JAWS couldn't read all the combo-boxes of system settings I came across such as when trying to change Region and Language or customising the System Tray. Navigating Start Menu is very flimsy but this is perhaps because how Microsoft has designed it.

Have I got some display setting configured incorrectly or do other people have similar issues? If this is the case then FS should get their acct together and should not make a misleading claims such as that JAWS 17 can work perfectly with Windows 10.

Any advice is gratefully received.

Amro