[access-uk] Windows 10 Explained or Similar

  • From: "Keith Rothwell" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 17:28:11 -0000

** Until the Completion of the Changeover of my E-Mail Addresses is complete, please respond to both my Dial Up (Demon) Account ("Keith Rothwell" keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) and my Broadband (Zen) Account (Keith Rothwell" keithrothwell@xxxxxxxxx)

TO: Access-UK Mailing List

21st December, 2015.

Hi Listers

I am currently using Windows 7 with SuperNova Screen Reader Version 15.02.

As I am sure is the case with many of you, I am continually being invited to upgrade free of charge to Windows 10 and feel that it cannot be long before I surrender and accept the Invitation. However, I do not want to commit myself until I know about Windows 10.

For some years, I have relied on those Superb Tutorials by Dr Sarah Morle Wilkins. Accordingly, has a "Windows 10 Explained" been produced and if so where can I obtain a Copy (preferably a Copy in Daisy/MP3 and a Copy in Microsoft Word). If Dr Sarah Morley Wilkins has not so far produced such a Tutorial, has something similar been produced by someone else and if so where can I obtain a Copy?

Any Assistance welcomed.

With best wishes,

KEITH ROTHWELL

10:21 24/10/2015--

KEITH ROTHWELL

18 Kestrel Drive, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 6JE, United Kingdom

Telephone: 0161 797 9201 (Personal, Ex Directory) or 0161 764 0827 (Answer Machine)
Mobile: 07836 554 585 (Personal Mobile - Voice only - no Texts)

Personal E-Mail: keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Dial Up) and keithrothwell@xxxxxxxxx (Broadband) - Plain Text preferred

BLIND PERSON - NO GRAPHICS PLEASE - PLAIN TEXT ONLY PREFERRED

Please note that, as I am Totally Blind, I cannot handle Written or Printed Material of any kind. Please respond by Telephone, Plain Text E-Mail, Plain (MS-DOS) Text File on CD/Memory Stick, or Voice Message on Audio Cassette Tape/CD/Memory Stick. No Braille please as I am amongst the 90% or so of Blind People who cannot read Braille.

As more and more Documents are prepared in Microsoft Word/Excel Document Format, a convenient means of delivering such Items to me may prove to be as
Microsoft Word/Excel Documents sent to me on CD/Memory Stick or by E-Mail Attachment. If by E-Mail, please remove any Pictures or Other Graphic Objects from the Files, including any Microsoft Word Text Boxes, as their retention in the Document will only inflate its Size to several Megabytes.
As the Demon (g8eap) Account is a Dial Up Network Connection using a V90
(56k) Modem rather than a Broadband Connection, as far as possible I prefer
not to
have to download any E-Mails through this Account where the Total Size of
the E-Mails being
downloaded exceeds about 5 Megabytes - please contact me in advance if it
appears that this 'Limit' is going to be exceeded when using the Demon
E-Mail Address.