[access-uk] Window-Eyes 5.5 public beta release

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:38:54 +0100

FYI.

 GW News tells us that the very long awaited public beta of Window-Eyes 5.5 is
due to be released on September 6 - this year!  I cannot help thinking that
this release will surely put Window-Eyes in a very good position for those who
want and need better all-round MS Office support, concentrating as it does on
Excel and  Powerpoint, as well as some enhancements to the already impressive
Word support.  There will also be support for the Firefox web browser.

5.5 has been in private beta a long time.  A few weeks ago I saw a reference to
beta H of the private test version.  That, to me, demonstrates a very thorough
approach to testing before unleashing on the public.

You can find an MP3 plus text versions of ongoing revalations concerning the
beta at:

http://www.gwmicro.com/beta/

Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at