[access-uk] Re: Will this router/modem do the job?

  • From: "David W Wood" <g3yxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 23:07:09 -0000

George:

As you know, I wasn't the guy who introduced you to the Draytek range, but I
too use them now in three locations.

Although I had some issues with VPN some while ago, I managed to resolve
these in the last few days - one of the ISP's was telling porkies, and the
IP proved to be dynamic.
By the use of an on-line IP utility, the IP appears to be static, and all
the issues have been resolved.

The web interface is easy with JAWS, and one of the units (which cost well
over a hundred quid) survived the power surge which killed off a PC 7 weeks
or so ago.

The PCMCIA card in my lap top was also easy to set up.

David