[access-uk] Re: Wikipedia now less accessible

  • From: "Sunil" <bosley20@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 14:32:29 +0100

Works fine with JFW7.1

-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Damon
Sent: 08 July 2006 14:30
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Wikipedia now less accessible

Is it just me or have the edit fields disappeared off Wikipedia? It means
that I can no longer search it.

I'm using jaws version 5.0. WE saw a similar thing happen in Google Local a
few months ago. Is this some new way of coding edit fields that is invisible

to screenreaders? What's going on here? With Google Local we discovered that

people using versions above jaws 5 could use the edit fields with no
problem.

This is a real blow, I use Wikipedia a lot.