[access-uk] Why can't I get Internet Download Manager to show an icon on the desktop?

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexander.shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 21:18:10 -0000

Hi all,

As a result of a thread on this list, the title of which I
can't remember off the top of my head, I Installed the
program which was being discussed, Internet Download
Manager.  I'm finding that the trial version seems to work
properly, and I may even purchase the program at the end of
the trial, but there is one thing that I can't work out.  I
can't find an icon for the program on the desktop even
though it is listed in programs.

I've tried selecting the program in the start menu and
pressing shift F10 on it but I can't create a desktop icon
that way.  Am I doing something wrong, or is it not possible
to create a desktop icon for the program concerned?

Thank you in advance for any advice on this.

Alexander Shannon