[access-uk] Re: Which vacuum cleaner brand would people recommend?

  • From: "Janet Bell" <janet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 08:05:30 +0100

Hi

I have an upright vax which I find very good and not that heavy. The one good thing about it is that if you get something stuck in it when you've managed to retrieve it there is a button on the side that resets it so you don't have to keep getting belts which on a lot of cleaners is a pain to change if you don't have any sight. The link for them is:

www.vax.co.uk and choose upright cleaners.

Hope that is of some use.

Janet

-----Original Message----- From: Mobeen Iqbal
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 7:36 AM
To: BCAB Discussion List
Subject: [access-uk] Which vacuum cleaner brand would people recommend?

Hello Everyone.

Please forgive the slightly unusual nature of this post. As i have had 2
zanussi vacuum cleaners blow up over the last few months, i've gone
right off the brand, who insidentally are also part of alectrolux and
AEG. in both cases, the motors failed and caused sparks to eminate from
the cleaner. so i'm on the hunt for a new upright cleaner, preferably
that's easy to push and not too heavy, and if possible not too
expensive. people in my family have owned dysons, but say that the parts
are expensive and its just too much to pay for a vacuum cleaner,
especially these days when nothing seems to last. does anyone have any
thoughts on which brands have lasted them in terms of long term
reliability? this is a medium sized house so it'd be used quite
frequently. any help greatly appreciated.

all the best,

Mo.