[access-uk] Re: Which is more accessible? Openoffice or Libreoffice?

  • From: Kevin Cussick <the.big.white.shepherd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 21:10:36 +0000

Hi, I would use lo at the moment, if you do a custom install you get a check box to switch on the accessibility stuff. if you use ooo you don't get this option. I can tell you soon that you will not need to worry about this Java stuff as Ia2 support will be going into ooo and lo, but it's not ready for prime time at this time I have had to re image at least once because of this but I never learn and keep testing.

On 03/11/2013 13:19, Mobeen Iqbal wrote:
Hello Everyone.

I wanted to switch to a free office suite, and the 2 that came to mind
were either openoffice or libreoffice. Both are supposed to be
accessible if using the java access bridge. i was just wondering if
people had any experience in using them? and which one i should download?

many thanks in advance,

Mo.