[access-uk] Re: Which is more accessible? Openoffice or Libreoffice?

  • From: Kevin Cussick <the.big.white.shepherd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 09:13:57 +0000

I do believe you can do it but wouldn't want to say it does but think so. I can check later.

On 03/11/2013 22:12, Michael A Ray wrote:
Mo,

I'll be interested to see how you get on with Libra Office on Windows 7
with NVDA.

Does LO save in .pdf format?

Mike

On 03/11/2013 21:49, Mobeen Iqbal wrote:
hi.

Many thanks to everyone for your replies. I'm going to try installing
libreoffice out of curiosity now, and see what happens. Mike, i'd
install lotus if it wasn't for the fact that i have to work with docs
files and lotus doesn't seem to support them. Many thanks all the same
for the recommendation.

Mo.

On 03/11/2013 21:42, Michael A Ray wrote:

Yep it does everything I need.  Which isn't much.

Most people only ever scratch the surface of a word processor or a
spreadsheet program anyway.  If I was running the Bank of England or
writing reports for the World Health Organisation I might need
something more up to date.

The truth is 99% of the world's written communication could happen in
Notepad and society wouldn't crumble :-)

On 03/11/2013 21:34, Kevin Cussick wrote:
the IBM sinfony program is just like running office2003 this is what
the code was based on at the time if this is OK for you then fare
enough it will do all you need.

On 03/11/2013 21:27, Michael A Ray wrote:

Cost = zero

You can edit .doc but not sure about .docx

On 03/11/2013 19:31, Vanja Sudar wrote:
How much does this product cost and can one view/edit MS word
documents via it?

-----Original Message----- From: Michael A Ray
Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2013 2:57 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Which is more accessible? Openoffice or
Libreoffice?

Hello Mo,

Just to further complicate your options, have you thought about IBM
Lotus Symphony?  I use it on Win 7 and I find it totally accessible.

Mike

On 03/11/2013 13:19, Mobeen Iqbal wrote:
Hello Everyone.

I wanted to switch to a free office suite, and the 2 that came to
mind were either openoffice or libreoffice. Both are supposed to be
accessible if using the java access bridge. i was just wondering if
people had any experience in using them? and which one i should
download?

many thanks in advance,

Mo.