[access-uk] Which device carries the sound source in a TV set up?

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 15:09:51 -0000

Hi all -

If I have a set up that starts with the aerial going in to the TVonics, and
then from there, an HDMI cable going to my TV, and then an HDMI from the ARC
socket on the TV going to my sound bar, then which machine is controlling the
sound quality?
 What I mean, if the first bit of kit in the set up processes sound poorly,
then no matter how good the last bit is, the sound quality will have been
compromised. Is that correct?

Basically, when the aerial bring the signal in to the TVonics, is it processed
there, before passing to the TV, processed again there, and then passed to my
sound bar's amp, and processed again? -

Andy