[access-uk] Re: Which Scanner/Printer?

  • From: "Robert Stokes" <restokes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 09:47:04 +0100

If you intend doing a lot of scanning, such as books, I'd suggest you stick with what you have got. I purchased an Epson RX425 combined printer/scanner and have recently discovered it isn't up to the job when scanning books. The belt in the scanner seems to get hot and when the two sides come together, they stick and there is a loud bump as they pull apart. I never encountered this problem with my Epson 1650 which fortunately, I still have. I've decided to return to using this machine for scanning and keep the other one just for printing.

Good luck.

Robert.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Margaret Smith" <jamieboy46@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>