[access-uk] Re: Which Scanner/Printer?

  • From: "Barry Hill" <bbinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 08:56:18 +0100

Hi Marg

I used to have separates but, to save space, I changed to a combi. I now have an Epsom stylus 520r that I really like. It's fast, quiet, convenient for copying, and the menu's are fine to access with jaws. I don't use the Epsom programmes, though. I use Omnipage and/or the Microsoft applications to work the printer and scanner. The panel on the front of this machine has quite a lot of buttons and a display panel that, frankly, I can't use, although, with a little tuition, I think some of it would be alright, such as the photocopier. I wouldn't normally get an extended warrantee on anything but, I thought with this having more to go wrong on it, that I would and did get one on this combi. My thinking is that if it breaks down within three years, I get a new one; If it breaks down after that, I've had my money's worth out of it.

Regards

Barry

----- Original Message ----- From: "Margaret Smith" <jamieboy46@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>