[access-uk] Re: Which Office and Vista with JAWS?

  • From: "brian hartgen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 06:20:17 +0100

Hi

I can answer some of your questions.

I'm getting a little annoyed about the rumours which usually fly around
whenever there is a new jaws update about allegedly whether it contains
problems or not.  That's not your fault, you are just going by what you have
heard. However, I can assure you jaws works very well with Vista.  Like any new
operating system, it takes time to get used to some aspects of it, but jaws
works fine when using it as do the other leading screen-readers.

Next, if you go to the Freedom Scientific web site, and to the jaws training
link, you wil find a presentation in a daisy book or MP3 file detailing some of
the differences between XP and Vista.
www.freedomscientific.com

Office 2007 is fine.  Again, it takes a little time to become used to it, but
jaws gives support by pressing insert F1 on any aspect of the new ribbon bar.
You will get context sensitive help concerning how to work with the focused
item.  Office 2007 performs best with jaws when used with Vista I feel than
Office 2007 under xP.