[access-uk] Re: What podcasts, streams and radio do blind users here listen to?

  • From: "Iain Lackie" <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 15:58:43 -0000

I wouldn't like any preconfiguration.

Iain

From: "Jonathan" <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 3:45 PM
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [access-uk] What podcasts, streams and radio do blind users here listen to?

Ok, with 15 answers in the bag, I feel I've now earned the right to
ask a question, which is:

If a device was made available with a certain amount of pre-configured
streams and stations in addition to its regular functionality, what
would you listen to?

I already have:

RNIB Insight Radio.
ACB American Radio for the Blind.
The In Touch podcast with Peter White on Radio 4.
The Argos Talking Catalogue.

There must be more out there! I've trawled a lot of VIP oriented
podcasts over the last couple of days - they either seem to be very
poorly produced American efforts, or have ceased updating, or in one
case, seems to be hacked and all the episodes are someone saying some
very naughty words indeed!

So, as a blind user, what would you like to hear?