[access-uk] Re: What is Windows Mail?

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:30:14 -0000

Hi Catherine

Windows Mail is just another name for Outlook Express on Vista. Personally, I don't have any problems using it at all. I have only wondered why Vista seems to remember Email addresses I type in that are not in my contacts book, as well as those that are. It's just a curiosity thing on my part, not a problem, and I am not experiencing any of the difficulties described in other posts.

Windows Mail is pretty much similar to Outlook Express as well, with a few tweaks here and there. If you want to open the address book which, on Vista, is simply called Windows Contacts, use control, shift and C.

There is also a good warning message that pops up when you have an Email downloaded to your Jumk folder. Vista reminds you that it has gone there, and advises you to check the folder regularly. This really amuses me because I can get messages from the various lists go there with the same subject lines from messages that have already landed in my Inbox. But it's very useful to be alerted though as I don't see this in Outlook Express on XP.

I hope that clarifies for you.

Jackie

Email: cairnsplace@xxxxxxx