[access-uk] Re: What am I doing wrong?

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 20:28:38 +0100

Hi peter, to make this easier, and so you have a text record of the ping results paste the following text into notepad, replacing the www.bbc.co.uk with the address you want to ping. save it as whatever name you like, then browse to it, press f2 and change the file extention from txt to bat. Windows will alert you about changing the file extention. Say yes you want to change it. When you press enter on that file a ping will be performed and the result saved to a text file. Incidentally, at the same time as editing the address to be pinged change the name of the results file accordingly.

                   John.

ping www.bbc.co.uk > c:\bbcpingresults.txt

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Beasley" <pjbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>