[access-uk] Western Digital external drive

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 18:53:24 -0000

I got a Western Digital external USB hard drive for Christmas. I mentioned on
here the other day about the software which came preinstalled with it and if I
could delete it or not. Someone suggested I check how much space it was taking
up first. It is using up 1GB of memory. This isn't massive, but it is still
1GB, so I think I will remove it. While checking this I noticed something and
wanted some feedback on it. The capacity of the drive is 320GB. Now I know you
don't get the full capacity when you buy external memory, but it is saying the
total capacity available including the preinstalled files is 298GB. Would it be
likely that you would have 22GB less than the specified drive size? It just
seems a lot to me as in my experience it is usually about 1GB.

Barbara

Get listed, network or find a business at an online directory of businesses
owned and run by disabled people and associated support and advisory
organisations:
www.barkingbabs.co.uk