[access-uk] Webmaster Looking for Advice

  • From: "Darran Ross" <darran.ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 21:27:24 -0000

Hi List.

A couple of weeks ago I contacted a webmaster to say that I was finding his
site quite difficult to access. I pointed out that  in particular the
graphical interface being used for members to log in was completely
inaccessible for screen reader users.

I've since been contacted by the site owners who have asked me to explain in
more detail what is wrong with the website and what more they could do to
make improvements for screen reader users.

As I'm in no way qualified to make these calls, I was hoping a few people
from these lists, with some website building nouse, would pay the site a
visit and let me know what I could pass on in this regard!

Also, are there sites with accessible website building tips I could pass on
to them to help with any possible redesign they may undertake?

Anyway, all advice, tips and pointers gratefully received. The site in
question is:

www.VirtualWorldDirect.com

Regards.

Darran