[access-uk] Re: Webbie

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 22:34:44 +0100

Hi Douglas.

I have deleted your original message but I thought you were suggesting that
it was a good idea to use webbie with Hal.  I generally thought that Webbie
was really intended for use if your screenreader would not do the job.

I find Hal's help a little erratic and I don't want to plough through a big
manual just to find shortcut keys so maybe I haven't done Hal justice but I
get the impression that it does not have the range of navigation keys that
Window-eyes or JAWS has, such as navigation by list, checkbox, combo box,
this page link, division, bulleted list etc.  I believe you can navigate by
frame, table,heading or edit box however and of course you can use the
standard tab and shift tab to move between formfields/links.  Am I broadly
correct here?  Does Webbie have similar functionality to hal or can it move
by a wider range of element types?

Cheers

Graham