[access-uk] Web-based Off Site Data Storage (Backup) Services

  • From: "Keith Rothwell" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 15:56:42 -0000

** Cross posted to ACCESS-UK, AVIOS, and BCAB Mailing Lists **

6th November, 2009.

Dear Listers,

I am a Director of Bury Society for Blind and Partially Sighted People. The Society is reviewing currently the Support and Maintenance Service for their Computers, Network, and E-Mail and Internet Facilities.

Mindful of the Very Serious Problems which would arise from the Loss of even a Small Part of the Extensive Data which they hold, the Society is considering whether it might be prudent to move to ?Off Site Backup? and, if so, what is available which is secure and affordable. I understand that there are a number of Web-based Services but do not know any of them or how reliable they might be. Accordingly, if anyone can let me know the Name and Contact Details of any such Services which might suitable for the Society I shall be most grateful.

To save ?cluttering up? the List with something which is likely to be of only limited interest to most Listers, I am quite happy to have Replies sent to me direct on blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (this will enable me to pick out the Replies but my ?normal? Address keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx is quite satisfactory if more convenient).

Any Advice will be very much appreciated.

With best wishes,

Yours sincerely,

KEITH ROTHWELL

--

KEITH ROTHWELL

Bury, Lancashire, United Kingdom

E-Mail: keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

BLIND PERSON - NO GRAPHICS PLEASE - PLAIN TEXT ONLY PLEASE

Please note that, as I am totally blind, I cannot handle Written or Printed Material of any kind. Please respond by Telephone, Plain Text E-Mail, Plain (MS-DOS) Text File on Floppy Disk, or Audio Cassette Tape. No Braille please as I am
amongst the 90% or so of Blind People who cannot read Braille.