[access-uk] Re: Wayfinder Access now available

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 16:12:32 +0100

You can download the demo from http://www.talknav.com and by clicking on
the downloads link. Hope that helps. By the way it's not out yet for the
third edition phones; you'll have to wait a few days for that to come
out, otherwise you can download it and try it out for 5 days before
deciding to purchase.
On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 15:19:37 +0100, "Damon" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
said:
> I see from the Wayfinder website that you can now buy the new accessible
> Wayfinder Access product
> http://www.wayfinder.com/products/wayfinder_access.en.php?link_id=submenu_static
>
> But I haven't yet come across a downloadable demo. Is there one
> available? I'm not going to shell out 400 euro on a gizmo that I can't
> test out first.
>
> Has anyone tried out Wayfinder Access yet? If so, any feedback much
> appreciated.
>
> For those who don't know, it's a piece of GPS mapping and
> direction-finding software that you download onto your mobile. This
> latest version of the product has been enhanced for visually impaired
> people using text to speech products and is said to be much more
> accessible than ever before. You will also need a BlueTooth GPS receiver
> approx 70 pounds. And the mobile phone you use must have data connection,
> i.e. either GPRS or 3G.
>
> ...Damon

Christopher Hallsworth
E-mail: chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx