[access-uk] Re: Washing machine recommendations

  • From: "Ankers, Dave (UK)" <Dave.Ankers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 14:17:35 -0000

Marie,

My wife uses an induction hob, and absolutely loves it.

Now I know why she spilt water over the old ceramic hob, and blew it up.

Water got past the switch seals, and in to the switch gear, which resulted in a
bloody big bang, and a blown fuse.

The induction hob, which is a Miele again, is completely flush, with touch
controls, and water cannot enter, so is safer.

This is another product, which if it could be controlled by say an I phone or I
pod, would make my use of it much easier and safer.

Of course the safest cooking item is the microwave, which again would benefit
from mobile control.

Oh one last thing, with the induction hob, it is very particular, and works
best with cast iron pans.

Luckily, we already had some, but the ordinary stainless steel pans, had to go.
 At first we thought the hob wasn't working.

Cheers

Dave

Wa! Wouldn't that be great!
expanding the subject a bit, are any of you VIs cooking with induction? the
price of induction hobs is falling rapidly and I'm very tempted especially in
view of the safety aspect since the cooking area doesn't stay hot but I'm told
most of the controls are with touch panels. Any thoughts/comments anyone?
Cheers now and thanks for the banter, we need it once in a while!
Marie