[access-uk] Re: Washing machine recommendations

  • From: "Ankers, Dave (UK)" <Dave.Ankers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 10:53:07 -0000

Hi Ibrahim,

I know the Miele is wireless enabled, as I have seen it done by an
engineer, who updated the software on our machine.

I cannot find any apps on the net for use with it though.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave.

There are some internet connected washing machines out there on the
market, you can connect them to your WiFi network and through either a
home network or internet connection control them.  They aren't cheap
mind.  It does beg the question though, why are manufacturers pumping
out ever more sophisticated note takers and other assistive technology
gadgets yet no one has actually produced a talking washing machine and
so on?  I'd personally love to see a prototype control panel which can
be fitted to machines which provides full access to the vast array of
features present on today's modern kitchen tech?  There are already
touch screen washers and cookers on the market and who knows what the
future holds, but I doubt it will be very blind friendly.

All the best, Ibrahim.